Wednesday, December 22, 2010

the lighter weight of poor judgement

i've come so far ive grown so tall
my once mangled heart can now bed flowers
i hope i've scaled my tallest wall
and knocked down my strongest towers

before you and your arsenal
of manipulation and deceit
i walked with grace, i loved with ease,
and where my confidence once lay complete
i still dig out shards of shrapnel

i used to loathe how you escaped unscathed
but i guess you were the puppet master
i played my role, you pulled the strings,
then cut them slow like veins
used my blood for your victory bathe

i know ive forgiven but its hard to forget,
the final tremors sent ripples on ahead
and every time i question him
my scars are blaming you

2 comments:

Unknown said...

mwahmwahmwahwhamwah

lee said...

"i used to loathe how you escaped unscathed"

"used my blood for your victory bathe"

"i know ive forgiven but its hard to forget"

I resound with your sentiments. How I wish it all away...