Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Just call me "Spicy Eye"

helloooo again.
things here in china are rainy. i love it though! rain is one of my favourite kinds of weather. it's so cozy.. and you can't feel guilty about staying inside and watching a movie.. or three. i just bought 8 new release DVD's for 8 bucks! nowwww i just hope that they work. haha.
On tuesday night me and Ji Hye decided to go and try out a chinese "DISCO." She's never been to one, and clearly i never have either. so we went for japanese food first.. i LOOOOVE it! their steamed clams.. wow... there are no words. haha.. so good! as soon as we sat down all of the staff was all over me.. treating me like a celebrity (I could get used to this!) well as i was slurping my spicy noodles a noodle went crazy and hit me in the eye... the sauce was sooo spicy i couldn't open my eye and there were tears pouring out everywhere out of both eyes... and i was laughing hysterically, and ALL of the waitresses were trying to rub my eye. haha.. it was hilarious. but i flushed it with some water and it was fine. so now Ji Hye thinks it;s funny to call me spicy eye. haha then.. hunger extremely satisfied... we went to the disco called 1+1... it doesn;t look like much on the outside but the inside is insanely classy. it has glass floors and under it is a bunch of sand, with different things arranged in it like starfish, and shells and bottles of JD! haha. but we didn't stay there long because it was still early so we walked to a different club called 2046. this is was a cool bar! there's a dancing platform for anyone who feels like they wanna be brave and boogy.. and four higher platforms for paid employees to dance. some were girls and some were guys.. it was so cool. i've never seen guys dance like that before. not even embarrassed in their super short cut off jean shorts haha... but the coolest thing was the price there! you pay 15 canadian dollars (110 RMB) and get 12 beer, a basket of popcorn, a basket of beer nuts, a platter of fruit and free glowsticks! haha... ANNND you get to take home what you don't drink. so of course we ended up taking nearly all of them home. it was fun... (but unfortunately you can't escape shania twain ANYWHERE!!) and yesterday i went and got my hair cut.. YEAH i was nervous.. they don't understand me. but it turned out ok. the whole shop was just guy hairdressers.. something i've never seen before. not a girl in the place. odd. and the way they cut hair is SOOO different. i can't even explan it. you'd have to get it done.. but its like watching an artist paint. their technique is amazing. and my hair even turned out not looking scary! well tonight me and Ji Hye are going to try to sell the puppies at the night market. sad... but totally necessary! we're never home so it's unfair to them to be alone all day..... i just hope that whoever buys them, buys them for the purpose of owning a pet! :P well... see ya lata!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Caitlin
Wish we could have been there for the spicy eye episode.

The glass floor and the live sea animals sound cool.

Let us know how your teaching is unfolding.

Love
Dad and Karen

Lindsay said...

haha oh cait. you crack me up. that is hilarous about the noodle in the eye! lol. I can just see the whole thing happening. hehe.