Thursday, May 10, 2007

My frist blog!

Hey!
Well this is how i'll be keeping in touch with everyone i know when i take off to China. WoW.. i can't believe i fly outta here in ... 4 days! i almost want to cancel my trip when i think about flying! i'm terrified! i know i've done it before.. but.. still.. it freaks the crap out of me. the last few days i've just been asking myself.. WHY THE HECK AM I DOING THIS?!? buuuut it's too late to back out now. haha. i think it'll be a good experience for me. i know it's going to be SUPER hard... but i think i need a challenge in my life right now. and i really think that God's going to use this time to force me to rely on him completely. to trust him. not an easy lesson, but i'll do what it takes. i'm sick of being mediocre! you know????? of course you do :)
so i fly out of saskatoon to vancouver on monday morning, and get to Beijing on tuesday at 3pm. yeah.. looooong flight... grreeeaaat. and then my boss is coming to pick me up and take me to my new house in Weihai. i guess her 22 year old daughter will be sharing a house with me... awwwkwarrd.... i hope not. i can't wait to meet new people and start over. but i just have this foreboding dread and weariness when i think about adjusting. which is weird for me. so please.. PLEASE pray for a smooth transition.... annnd that i won't hyperventilate on the plane. i did that once.. it was embarrassing. well.. i probably won't blog again until i get there and have something to say. i'll be keeping a photo journal on here to.. so check it out! ok.. see you lata all!!

1 comment:

Carmen Gagnon said...

Hey Caitlyn, cool blog. If you have any questions about teaching, let me know. I have been a teacher for five years. (Kids and now adults) Contact me through facebook. Good Luck.